Project funded in 2009 through the program AVANZA by the Spanish Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce.
Development of a integrated into a web portal aimed to identify and track a set of events and targets taking place or moving in a controlled environment.
The objective of this project has been to develop a platform integrated into a web portal aimed toidentify and tracking a set of events and targets of interesttaking place or moving into a controlled environment. The platform is able to visualize information associated to these targets and events in a unified and intuitive waythrough three-dimensional virtual interfaces, allowing real time monitoring of the controlled environment from any point of the network.
To achieve this goal, a new technological solution has beendeveloped in order to build a dynamic virtual scene of a controlled environment (infrastructures, refineries, sea ports, security areas) over data collected from fixed cameras deployed in the area and other surveillance systems. Grid computing techniques has been also applied to improveuser comprehension of valuable information concerning the controlled environment.
IDS3D system development has been structured into three major lines:
- Processes attached to the video sources of the system
- Analysis and integration of valuable data available
- Virtual 3D representation of real scenesat any point of the network
Besides other contributions, CeDInt has lead the development of the 3D Visualization Module aimed to generate the 3D model supporting the unified user interface of the platform. The module is able to dynamically visualize (in real time or using stored data) the monitored objectives and events that take place within the controlled environment (sea port), providing valuable information and critical data concerning those targets and events in an intuitive and graphical way. Likewise, it supports free space-temporal navigation as well as advanced user interaction with the represented elements.
The main components integrating the 3D Visualization Module are:
- Basescene, which involves the 3D representation of the maritime environment and the earth infrastructures of the sea port.
Panoramic view of the 3D virtual representation of the seaport
- Dynamic object-relational database, containing 3D objects and animations associated to eachtype of monitored objective and critical event, plus generic objects/animations used to represent targetsunidentified or pending of characterization.
- Rendering and Modeling System, whose functions are: receive and process output data from the fusion and analysis, estimations and alerts systems; guarantee the coherence and synchronization between real targets, events and critical characteristics and their corresponding representation in the 3D model; and, support on-demand visualization of off-line sequences, contextual information, alerts and alarms.
3D object corresponding to a merchant ship (left) and animation (water wake in the right) representing the speed over the water plane.