Researcher Claudio Feijoo appointed member of the Advisory Board of "Madrid on Rails"
"Madrid on Rails", a free software R&D Center promoted by the Council of Madrid, has been operating since 2009 and aims to become a point of reference in emerging technologies, promoting the use of these ones in small and medium enterprises of Madrid.
Its main purpose is to create a knowledge and innovation network in order to create business opportunities and a set of web 2.0 services and applications in order to provide a more efficient resource management. Madrid on Rails also aims to achieve the following objectives:
Madrid on Rails consists of two groups: the work team and the Advise Committee, which includes free software and innovation experts. The members of these Committee are the following:
• Jesús González-Barahona, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (President)
• Francisco Asensi, RTVE.es
• Roberto di Cosmo, Universidad París-Diderot
• Juanjo Hierro, Telefónica I+D
• Álvaro López, Octality
• Claudio Feijoo, ETSIT Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
• Pablo García, ASOLIF
• Jorge Ferrer, LifeRay